So you are trying to connect your Wyze doorbell to Wi-Fi, but it won’t connect? Keep reading to see the reasons behind this problem and troubleshooting steps to try.
Your Wyze Doorbell may not be connecting to Wi-Fi because of the following reasons:
- The Wyze app on your smartphone is outdated.
- Your doorbell is not working properly.
- Your Wi-Fi network is malfunctioning.
For details on how to troubleshoot this problem, keep reading.
How to Troubleshoot a Wyze Doorbell that Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi?
Try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Check and Update the Wyze App on Your Phone
If you are just setting up your Wyze doorbell in the Wyze app, chances are the device is new. The new doorbell may contain updates incompatible with old Wyze app versions. So, if your Wyze app is outdated, your Wyze doorbell may not connect to Wi-Fi.
To resolve this issue, you’ll need to update your Wyze app.
Follow these steps to update your Wyze app:
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Enter “Wyze app” in the search bar.
- Then click on the Wyze app in the search results. The system will take you to the Wyze app download page.
- Tap Update on the download page to update your Wyze app.
Your Wyze doorbell should connect to Wi-Fi after updating the Wyze app. But if it doesn’t, continue to the next step.
2. Reboot Your Wyze Doorbell
If your Wyze doorbell isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, the doorbell might have a functional issue. You may need to reboot the doorbell to resolve the problem.
Rebooting your doorbell should remove functional errors from the device, thus letting your device reconnect to Wi-Fi on a fresh slate.
Take the following steps to reboot your Wyze doorbell:
- Move your doorbell’s circuit breaker to the Off position.
- Then wait for 10 seconds.
- Now, flip the circuit breaker back to the On position.
If your Wyze doorbell doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve rebooted the device, move on to the next step.
3. Power Cycle Your Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes your Wi-Fi network may be faulty, causing connection issues with your Wyze doorbell.
If you’re still having issues connecting your Wyze Doorbell to your Wi-Fi, power cycle the router to refresh your Wi-Fi network.
Here’s how to power cycle your router:
- Disconnect your router’s plug from the power outlet.
- Then wait for about 10 seconds.
- Now re-plug the router to the outlet.
Is your Wyze doorbell now connected to Wi-Fi? If not, check out the next tip.
4. Check Your Wi-Fi Band
Most Wyze devices, including the Doorbell Camera, only work with the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi frequency.
If the Wi-Fi connection issue persists, check your router to see if it’s running on the 5GHz network. If so, switch it to 2.4GHz to resolve the connection issue.
You can switch your Wi-Fi band via your router’s admin page. Refer to your router’s user manual for guidelines.
5. Factory Reset Your Wyze Doorbell
If your Wyze doorbell doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve tried the steps above, you may need to factory reset the device.
But before factory resetting the device, submit an app log explaining the issue in detail. You’ll then be given an app log ID which you can submit in case you need to report the problem to Wyze Support.
Here’s how to submit an app log:
- Tap your Wyze doorbell on the home screen of the Wyze app.
- Then click on the Settings icon and select Wyze Support.
- Click on Submit a Log.
- Next, select Doorbell and tap Connectivity Issues.
- You’ll now receive the app log ID you can give to Wyze Support.
After submitting the log, you can factory reset the doorbell.
Follow the steps below to learn how to factory reset your Wyze doorbell:
- Go outside your door.
- Press in and push up your doorbell to detach it from the backplate. This will reveal the setup button and back wiring.
- Press the setup button and keep holding it until the status light on the doorbell turns solid yellow.
- Once you see the solid yellow light, release the setup button.
- The status light on the doorbell will start flashing again in a few seconds.
- The factory reset is complete when you see the status light flashing continuously.
You’ll need to restart the setup process for your Wyze doorbell after factory resetting your doorbell. If your Wyze doorbell doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi after completing the setup, contact Wyze Support.
If your Wyze doorbell isn’t connecting, update your Wyze app and reboot the doorbell. Then power cycle your router. This should resolve the problem.
But if your Wyze doorbell doesn’t connect after trying all these tips here, factory reset it. You’ll need to report the issue to Wyze Support if your doorbell doesn’t connect after the factory reset.