In this post, we’ll walk you through some troubleshooting steps to try if your Vivint outdoor camera is showing offline in the Vivint app. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s head right into it.
First off, your Vivint outdoor camera may go offline due to the following reasons:
- The camera is not connected to power.
- The camera has a functional issue.
- Your connection to the Vivint SkyControl Panel is faulty.
- Your router is not working properly.
Now, let’s show you how to resolve these issues.
Vivint Outdoor Camera Offline: Try These Troubleshooting Tips
1. Ensure the Camera is Connected to Power
If your Vivint outdoor camera is offline, the device may no longer be connected to power.
Usually, your camera loses its connection to power when its plug disconnects from a power outlet. This problem may also occur if the power outlet (where the camera is plugged in) suddenly develops a fault.
If your Vivint outdoor camera goes offline, insert the device’s plug properly into a power outlet. But if the camera doesn’t come online after this, the power outlet may be faulty. Plug the camera into another power outlet.
Your Vivint camera should be online now. But if the device is still offline, move on to the next step.
2. Power Cycle Your Vivint Outdoor Camera
Your Vivint outdoor camera may have developed a functional issue while the device was working. To fix this issue, you’ll need to power cycle the camera.
Follow these steps to power cycle your Vivint camera:
- Remove your camera’s plug from the power outlet. But if the device is plugged into a Wi-Fi bridge, just unplug the camera from the bridge.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Now, replug the camera to the power outlet or Wi-Fi bridge.
Your Vivint camera should be back online after power cycling it. However, if the camera remains offline, try the next tip.
3. Reboot Your Vivint SkyControl Panel
If your Vivint Outdoor Camera suddenly goes offline, the camera’s connection to your Vivint SkyControl Panel might be faulty.
Rebooting the SkyControl Panel should resolve this issue.
Here’s how to reboot your Vivint SkyControl Panel:
- Input your PIN into the control panel to disarm the system. If you’ve entered the correct pin, you’ll be taken to the home screen.
- Click on the Menu icon at the bottom right part of the screen.
- Then tap Devices.
- Now, input your PIN again.
- Click on Displays.
- You’ll see a list of panels. Select the panel your Vivint camera is connected to.
- Then tap Reboot.
- Now click Yes to confirm that you want to reboot the panel.
- You have rebooted your control panel.
If your Vivint Outdoor Camera doesn’t come online after you’ve rebooted your Vivint SkyControl Panel, continue to the next step.
4. Reboot Your Router
A Wi-Fi connection error can cause your Vivint Outdoor Camera to go offline. You can resolve this issue by rebooting your router.
To reboot your router, disconnect the router’s plug from your power outlet and wait for 30 seconds. Then reconnect the plug back to the power outlet.
Your Vivint camera should come back online after rebooting your router.
Is your camera still offline? If so, report the issue to Vivint Support.
If your Vivint Outdoor Camera is offline, check that the device is connected to power. If the camera stays offline even when receiving power, power cycle the camera. Then, reboot your Vivint SkyControl Panel.
Another solution that may bring your Vivint camera back online is to reboot your router. However, if all these tips fail to work, report the issue to Vivint Support.