If your Owlet Camera Night vision isn’t working and you’re not sure what to do, keep reading to see what you can do to resolve this problem.
5 Steps to Troubleshoot Owlet Camera Night Vision Issues
Follow these steps to troubleshoot your Owlet Camera Night Vision:
1. Force Close and Relaunch the Owlet App
If your Owlet Camera Night Vision isn’t working, you can quickly resolve the issue by force closing and relaunching the Owlet app.
Follow these steps to force close your Owlet app:
- Open the Settings app on your phone. Then click on Apps.
- Search for the Owlet app and tap the app.
- Now, click on the Force Stop button to force close the app.
After force closing the app, go to the home tab on your phone and open the Owlet app. Now, check if your camera is working.
If the Owlet Camera isn’t working, continue to the next step.
2. Sign Out and Sign in to the Owlet App
Another way to fix the functional issue in your Owlet Camera Night Vision is to sign out and sign in to the Owlet app.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open your Owlet app.
- Click on the Account icon at the bottom left side of the page. Then select My Profile.
- Now, click on Log Out to sign out of your Owlet account.
- Close the app. Then open the app again and enter your username and password in the boxes provided.
- Now, tap Log In to sign in to your Owlet account.
Is your Owlet Camera Night Vision working now? If not, continue to the next step.
3. Delete and Re-install the Owlet App
If your Owlet camera doesn’t resume working after you’ve signed out and signed in to the Owlet app, delete and re-install the app. This way, you’d get the current version of the app—in case the one on your phone was outdated or contained some bugs.
Take the following steps to delete and re-install your Owlet app on your phone:
- Go to the home tab on your phone and locate the Owlet app.
- Press and hold the app.
- The Uninstall button will appear. Tap on this button to remove the app from your phone.
- Now, open the Google Play Store if you are using an Android phone. iPhone users will find the Owlet app on the App Store.
- Click on the search bar and enter “Owlet app.”
- The Owlet app will appear at the top of the search results.
- Tap the app to go to the Owlet app download page.
- Now, tap Install to re-install the Owlet app.
After re-installing the app to your phone, open it. Then check if the camera’s night is working. If it isn’t. try the next tip.
4. Remove Your Owlet Camera from the Owlet App
If your Owlet Camera Night Vision doesn’t work after you’ve tried the tips above, you’ll need to remove the camera from your Owlet app.
The following guide will show you how to remove the Owlet Camera from the app:
- Click on the Account icon at the bottom of the app.
- Next, tap your camera below the My Owlet Devices section to remove it from the app.
After removing the camera from the app, reset the device. Keep reading to see how to do this.
5. Reset and Re-add the Camera to the Owlet App
If your Owlet Camera Night Vision is not working, it might be due to a fault in the camera. Resetting the camera should remove all these issues.
Follow these steps to reset your Owlet Camera Night Vision:
- Find the reset button on the camera. The reset button is usually located under the USB port at the back of the camera.
- Press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds.
- You’ll hear an audio prompt from the camera: “Resetting, please wait.”
- Wait some seconds for the camera to say “ready to pair.”
- The camera is reset.
After you’ve reset the camera, you’ll need to re-add the camera to the Owlet app.
Here’s how to do that:
- Relaunch the Owlet app. Next, tap the Account icon.
- Click on Add Device under My Owlet Devices.
- Follow the instructions in the Owlet app to set up the device in the app.
Your Owlet Camera Night Vision should start working after you’ve re-added the camera to the app.
If your camera doesn’t work after this, contact the Owlet Help Center.
If your Owlet Camera Night Vision isn’t working, force close and relaunch the Owlet app. Then sign out and sign in to the app.
If these tips fail to work, delete and reinstall the Owlet app.
You can also try removing the camera from the app. After removing the camera, you’ll need to reset the device and re-add it to the app.
If your Owlet Camera Night Vision doesn’t resume working after you’ve tried all these tips, contact Owlet Help Center.
You may also like to see how to troubleshoot connectivity/error OC01 issues in an Owlet Cam.