In this post, I’ll walk you through the steps to change door lock codes on your Vivint Smart Lock. If that sounds like what you’re looking for, let’s head right into it.
You can change your Vivint Door Lock Code through the SkyControl panel or on the lock itself.
Let’s look at how to do this—starting with the SkyControl panel.
How to Change Vivint Door Lock Code Through the SkyControl Panel
- Tap the menu icon in the lower right-hand corner of the home screen. Next, tap Users.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN. Next, select the user you want to change code. Ensure you toggle the Separate lock PIN to the ON position—for the user you want to change code.
- Now, select Lock PIN. Then enter a new Door Lock Code (4-8 digits).
- Enter the new Door Lock Code again to confirm your action.
- Now tap Lock Access and select the door lock(s) you want the user to have access to.
How to Change Vivint Door Lock Code Through the Lock
As mentioned earlier, you can also manually change the door lock code on your Vivint Smart Lock (Kwikset SmartCode 888 and others) through the keypad.
That is, if you’ve added User Codes on your Vivint Smart Lock manually, you can change the codes through the lock keypad. To do this, you’ll need to remove the code, then add a new code to replace the deleted one.
Quick Tip: Keep your door open before you start programming the lock. This ensures you don’t get locked out in case programming goes wrong.
Follow the steps below to delete a User Code on Vivint Door Lock:
- Go to the interior assembly of the lock and remove the cover. Next, press the Program button (a black circle button located below the Button A).
- Press the Lock button on the keypad once. The Lock button has a locked padlock on it.
- Enter the User Code you want to delete. Then press the Lock button once.
- Re-enter the User Code you want to delete and press the Lock button once.
Now the User Code is deleted. Next, you want to add a new User Code to replace the deleted one.
Here’s how to add a new User Code:
- Press the Program button.
- Enter a new User Code (4-8 digits). Then press the Lock button.
- Your lock will flash green, and you’ll hear one beep. This shows that the programming is successful, so your new User Code is now active—replacing the deleted code.
However, if you hear three beeps and the lock flashes red three times, the programming is unsuccessful.
Repeat the steps and ensure you follow them correctly. Once you start the programming process, ensure you don’t pause for more than 5 seconds. Also, make sure the new code you entered doesn’t match an existing code; and it should be 4-8 digits.
If you want to remove all the codes on your Vivint door lock manually, perform a factory reset on the lock. This will remove all the codes. Then you can set up the lock again and add new codes.
Note that you’ll have to perform the door handing detection whenever you reset your Vivint Door Lock, else the lock won’t function properly.
So that’s how to change door lock codes on your Vivint Smart Lock. If you have more than one Vivint smart lock, adding and changing the code via the SkyControl panel is recommended.
While it’s still convenient to change the code via the SkyControl panel, even if you have just one smart lock, adding and changing codes on the lock itself is also easy.