If you’re looking for tips to fix connectivity issues with your Blink Sync Module 2, this post is your go-to resource. Let’s get started.
First off, if your Blink Sync Module 2 isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, here are some reasons behind this:
- The device hasn’t received power.
- You entered an incorrect Wi-Fi password.
- Your phone has a VPN running in the background.
- Your router has blocked access to your Sync Module.
- Your Sync Module 2 firmware is outdated.
For details on how to resolve these issues, keep reading.
Blink Sync Module 2 Not Connecting to Wi-Fi: Try These Troubleshooting Steps
1. Check that the Sync Module Has Received Power
If your Blink Sync Module 2 is not connecting to Wi-Fi, start your troubleshooting by checking the power source. The device might be out of power, and it won’t connect to Wi-Fi if it’s not powered on.
To know whether your Sync Module is powered on, check if any light appears on the device.
If there are no lights on your Blink Sync Module 2, there is no power in the device. Usually, this occurs when you connect the Sync Module to a faulty power outlet or power adapter. Using a damaged cable with the Sync Module can also cause it to lose power.
To resolve this issue, plug the Sync Module into a different power outlet. If the Sync Module doesn’t connect after this, change your power adapter. Ensure the new power adapter is a 5-volt type.
If the device doesn’t power on after changing your power adapter, your cable might be faulty. Detach your current cable from the Sync Module and insert a new cord into the device. The device should now connect to power.
If this checks out, but your Blink Sync Module 2 doesn’t connect to Wi-Fi, try the next step.
2. Ensure Your Wi-Fi Password is Correct
You might have entered the wrong Wi-Fi password while setting up your Sync Module in the Blink app. As a result, the device won’t connect to Wi-Fi.
If your Blink Sync Module 2 is not connecting to Wi-Fi, check that you’ve entered the correct Wi-Fi password. Ensure that all the letters in the password are written in the appropriate case.
If you aren’t sure what your Wi-Fi password is, locate it in the Settings app on your phone.
Take the following steps to find your Wi-Fi password on your phone:
- Click on your Settings app to open it. Then tap Connections and Preferences.
- Your phone will display all the Wi-Fi networks it can detect.
- Look for your Wi-Fi network in this list. When you find it, tap on the gear icon beside it.
- You’ll see the option Show Password. Tap the Show Password option to reveal your Wi-Fi password.
- Note it down and exit your Settings app.
- After writing down your Wi-Fi password, go back to the Blink app and enter the password. Your Blink Sync Module should now connect to Wi-Fi.
But if the Sync Module isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, continue to the next step.
3. Disable the VPN on Your Phone
The Blink Sync Module 2 does not support VPN. So, if you are using a VPN on your phone while setting up the Sync Module, the device won’t connect to Wi-Fi.
Turn off the VPN on your phone to connect your Sync Module 2 to Wi-Fi.
If your Blink Sync Module 2 fails to connect to Wi-Fi after you’ve disabled your VPN, move on to the next step.
4. Permit the Sync Module to Access Your Router
If your Blink Sync Module 2 isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, your router may have blocked access to the device. This usually occurs when the Sync Module appears as a radio chip rather than a Blink device. Unfortunately, most routers translate radio chip signals as interference.
If your router is blocking access to the Sync Module, you’ll need to allow access to the device from your router’s web page. Study your router’s manual to see how to find the router’s web page and enable access to devices.
Once you’ve allowed access to the Sync Module, the device should connect to Wi-Fi. But if it doesn’t, go to the next tip.
5. Update Your Sync Module Firmware
Another reason the Blink Sync Module 2 may not connect to Wi-Fi is outdated firmware. To fix this issue, you’ll need to change your Wi-Fi network name and password to a string of letters or numbers.
Once you’ve changed the Wi-Fi name and password, your Sync Module should connect to Wi-Fi. The Sync Module firmware will automatically update after this.
If your Blink Sync Module 2 isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, check if the device is connected to power. Then ensure that you’ve entered the correct Wi-Fi password.
Another way to fix the issue is to disable the VPN on your phone. You may also need to permit the sync module to access your router.
Update your Sync Module firmware if all the tips above fail to connect the device to Wi-Fi.